HOLY CROSS CHURCH, KURLA, MUMBAI - 400 070
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS (08TH JULY 2018)
1. Tomorrow / Today, we celebrate Faith Formation Sunday. Commissioning of Catechists and the Rite of Acceptance of the First Holy Communicants and Confirmation students along with the parents will be held at the 8.00 a.m. Mass. A special second collection will be made at all Masses after Holy Communion to defray the Sunday School expenses. Please contribute generously.
2. Next Sunday 15th July, a special second collection will be made after Holy Communion towards Peter’s pence which will be sent to Rome.
3. Training Programme for the Parish Council, SCC Co-ordinators and core group members will be held next Sun. 15th July at 5.00 p.m. in the community hall. The resource person for the session is Fr. Felix D’Souza. Please give your names in the Parish Office by Wed.11th July.
4. Mothers Day will be celebrated on 29th July. Entry passes will be available, only next Sun. 15th July after all masses, on a first come first serve basis. Entry pass is Rs.200/-. Kindly collect your pass personally to avoid disappointment later. Those who wish to perform at the programme kindly contact the Parish office latest by 12th July.
6. The Fathers Association has organized a one day outing on 22nd July to Panvel. Those interested may contact any one of the committee members by 17th July.
7. Holy Cross Medical Centre is pleased to announce that Dr. Sushil Bagwe, Eye Specialist, will be available on Mondays from 4.30 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. Parishioners kindly avail of this facility.
8. Devotion to Our Lady of Fatima will be held on Friday 13th July from 3.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. at Our Lady of Fatima Church, Kirol.
9. The Archdiocesan Women’s Commission in collaboration with the Sophia Centre for Women’s Studies is organizing a Women’s Leadership Training Program at Holy Cross School, Kurla from 21st July to 2nd Sept. There are limited seats so register early. For further details see the flyer on the notice board.
10. On Tuesday 10th July the priests of our parish will continue visits to the Hall Village community from 6.30 p.m. onwards. We request the family members to be present at their homes during this visitation.
11. Fr. Anselm Gonsalves, our Parish Priest, has been appointed as the Dean of Kurla Deanery. We congratulate and wish Father the very best.