HOLY CROSS CHURCH, KURLA, MUMBAI - 400 070
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS (10TH MARCH 2019)
1. Tomorrow / Today is the First Sunday of Lent. During Lent on Sundays the Passo Service in English for children is at 4.30 p.m. and Passo Service and Sermon in Marathi for Adults is at 5.30 p.m. Crosses will be taken to the SCC Communities after the Passo Service. Evening Mass is as usual at 7.00 p.m. Due to Passo Service there will be no Konkani Mass on Sundays.
2. Printed Lenten Programme is available for the parishioners in the Sacristy. Kindly collect one copy for the family.
3. Extraordinary Ministers Meeting is on Thurs. 14th Mar. after the 7.00 p.m. Mass.
4. Culbavour, Wadia Estate and Asalphe communities will conduct the Stations of the Cross on Friday 15th March. Stations of the Cross in Konkani on Saturdays is at 6.00 p.m.
5. World Community of Christian Meditation Meeting, Mumbai unit, is on Saturday 16th March from 9.30 a.m. to 12 noon in the community hall. The topic is ‘The Witness Spirituality’ by Fr. Ryan. All are welcome. Kindly register your names in the Parish Office.
6. A Lenten pilgrimage organised by the Parish is on 21st March to Churches in the Thane Deanery. Please register your names along with Rs.300/- per head by 16th March in the parish office.
7. A Deanery level Recollection for all Extraordinary Ministers will be held on Sat. 23rd March from 9.00 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. at Holy Cross Church. It is compulsory for all to attend.
8. The Easter and Parish Feast issue of the Cross Links invites articles, advertisements and testimonies on the theme “The Cross lifts the human experiences of pain and suffering to glory and victory". Please send your articles to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by Monday, 25th March.
9. Lenten Alms for this year has been earmarked for St. Pius X College, Goregaon, the Diocesan Seminary. Cheques to be made in the name of “Archdiocese of Bombay”. The Lenten Alms box along with the envelopes is placed near the Altar.
10. We are proud to announce that the Marathi Medium of Holy Cross High School has been granted Maharashtra International Education Board (MIEB) affiliation. The Marathi section will shift to the new curriculum in phases from the Kindergarten to grade 3 from the next academic year. Holy Cross is one the few schools in Mumbai to receive the recognition and will now follow an International Curriculum specially designed by the MIEB Board. Applications for the new academic year will be announced soon.
11. Don Bosco Youth Services Matunga has organized various Summer Camps for Post X Boys and Girls onwards, Post Std. VII to Std. XII & above only Boys, and College, Young Adults & Working Youth boys and girls. Further details are put up on the notice board.
12. Goan Outreach Association is organizing a half day Konkanni/English Lenten Recollection on Sunday 17th Mar. at 9.30 a.m. at Don Bosco, Kurla. For details see the notice board.
13. On Tuesday 12th March the priests of our parish after visits to the families of ‘B’ Ward Community will continue visits to the ‘C’ Ward Community from 6.00 p.m. onwards. We request the family members to be present in their homes during this visitation.