HOLY CROSS CHURCH, KURLA, MUMBAI - 400 070
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS (18TH FEBRUARY 2018)
1. Tomorrow / Today is the First Sunday of Lent. During Lent on Sundays the Passo Service in English for children only is at 4.30 p.m. and Passo Service and Sermon in Marathi for Adults is at 5.30 p.m. Evening Mass is as usual at 7.00 p.m. Due to Passo Service there will be no Konkani Mass on Sundays.
2. Culbavour, Wadia Estate and Asalphe communities will conduct the Stations of the Cross on Friday 23rd Feb. Stations of the Cross in Konkani on Saturdays is at 6.00 p.m.
3. The Passion Narrative sessions will be conducted on four Wednesdays from 21st February at 7.30 p.m. in the Primary School Building. As we prepare ourselves in the Season of Lent let us know more about the Passion of Jesus by studying the Bible.
4. Extra-Ordinary Ministers’ meeting is on Thursday 22nd Feb. after the 7.00 p.m. Mass.
5. A Lenten pilgrimage is being organised by the parish on 2nd March to Tara Raigad Mission and Churches in Navi Mumbai. Please register you names along with Rs.450/- per head by 26th Feb. in the parish office.
6. Gospel Band Open Secret will present a Lenten Concert “The Last Words” organised by the Parish on Saturday 3rd March at 7.30 p.m. Based on the final words of Christ as He hung on the Cross, the concert evening will be a blend of music and reflection. Entry is free. Parishioners are urged to attend in large numbers to experience and listen to the voice of Jesus.
7. The upcoming issue of the Bulletin Cross Links will be published on Palm Sunday 25th March. The theme is Jesus – the Redeemer. Kindly email your articles, community news, memorials and advertisements to the Parish Office by 11th March.
8. Lenten Alms for this year has been earmarked for St. Pius X College, Goregaon – the Diocesan Seminary. Cheques to be made in the name of “Archdiocese of Bombay”. The Lenten Alms box along with the envelopes is placed near the Altar.
9. On Tuesday 20th Feb. the priests of our parish will continue visits to the C-Ward Community from 6.00 p.m. onwards. We request the family members to be present in their homes during this visitation.