HOLY CROSS CHURCH, KURLA, MUMBAI - 400 070
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS (18TH JUNE 2017)
1. Sunday School reopens tomorrow / today. Parents kindly send your children for the 8.00 a.m. Mass followed by the catechism class. Confirmation classes begin tomorrow / today at 7.45 a.m. in the community hall.
2. Novena in honour of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour begins on Sunday 18th June. The Novena prayers will be recited daily after the 6.45 a.m. Mass and in the evening before the 7.00 p.m. Mass. On Sundays it will be recited before the 7.00 a.m. Mass
3. Regular Masses in the Church begin from Monday 19th June.
4. Extraordinary Ministers’ Meeting will be held on Thurs. 22nd June after the 7.00 p.m. Mass. Recommissioning of Extraordinary Ministers will be held next Sunday 25th June at the 7.00 a.m. Mass. All extraordinary ministers are requested to be present at this Mass.
5. Lectors who have registered for the Lectors’ Ministry kindly report for a meeting on Saturday 24th June at 8.00 p.m. in the Community Hall.
6. Laity Sunday will be celebrated next Sunday 25th June. All Lay Heads and Assistant Lay Heads of all Parish Cells, Ministries and Associations please be present for the commissioning at the 9.15 a.m. Mass. Kindly check the list on the notice board and for any changes contact the parish office.
7. The next issue of the bulletin Crosslinks will be published on 15th August. The theme for this issue is “Freedom to make a new beginning with Mary as a role model”. Articles on the theme will be accepted in the church office till 10th July. For further clarification please refer to the notice board.
8. The Father’s Association has organised a picnic to ENANS FARMS, Panvel on Sun. 9th July. Those interested kindly register with the committee members by 1st July.
9. The Archdiocese of Bombay welcomes those who have finished their HSc and have a calling to become a priest, to join the Minor Seminary. Details are on the notice board.
10. St. Joseph I.T.I. Kurla is offering N.C.V.T. & Don Bosco certified vocational training programs for Std. 8th and above. Details are posted on the notice board.
11. College of Social Work, Nirmala Niketan, is conducting a series of Short Term Courses commencing from 15th July. For details check the notice board.
12. Jesus Youth Movement is celebrating their Silver Jubilee on Sun. 25th June at 3.30 p.m. with Mass followed by Gospel Music concert by Rexband at Shanmukhananda Hall. Entry passes at Rs.100/- are available in the church compound. For details check the banner. The youth of our parish are encouraged to attend.
13. Holy Cross High School, English medium, is happy to announce a 100% result at the SSC Board Exam this year. The Marathi Section has secured a 75% overall result. We wish to congratulate the teachers and the students for the excellent results.