HOLY CROSS CHURCH, KURLA, MUMBAI - 400 070
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS (10TH FEBRUARY 2019)
1. Tomorrow / Today a special second collection will be made at all Masses towards the Holy Childhood Association. Please contribute generously.
2. Cells and Associations Day will be celebrated in our parish tomorrow / today after the 9:15 a.m. Mass in the community hall. There will be a get-together for the office bearers of cells and associations, where Mr. Melwyn Sequeira from FILMC will give an input session. This event is compulsory for the Heads and Asst. Heads of all cells and associations.
3. The Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes is observed as the World Day of the Sick. A special Mass is organised for the sick and the wheelchair bound parishioners and those who care for them on Monday 11th Feb. beginning with confessions at 4.30 in the evening followed by Mass at 5.00 at Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto. The animators from the zones are requested to help the sick members who wish to attend in getting them to church and back.
4. Ladies Sodality meeting is on Thursday 14th Feb. at 5.00 p.m. in the Church. Members are requested to please attend the meeting.
5. The Family Cell of our Parish is organising World Marriage Day, on Thursday 14th Feb., with Eucharist and Renewal of Marriage Vows at 7.00 p.m. All married couples are requested to sit together. Thereafter, there will be a celebration for the Family at the Quadrangle with music, games, snacks and dinner. The coupons at Rs.150/- per person are available with the Family Cell members of your respective community and in the Parish Office.
6. Fr. Timothy, fondly known as Fr. Tom, a Salesian priest who was taken captive and held as hostage for 18 months in Yemen will be in our parish on Tuesday, 19th Feb. He will celebrate the 7.00 p.m. Mass and share his Testimony thereafter. All are invited.
7. The month of February is the Catholic Press Month. Catholic families are reminded of the Church’s contribution to providing good books and importance of reading. A book Exhibition by St. Paul Publication will be held on Sat. 16th Feb. in the school and Sunday 17th Feb. at the Church. We encourage children, youth and parents to avail of this opportunity.
8. On Tuesday 12th Feb. the priests of our parish will continue visits to the families of ‘A’ Ward Community from 6.00 p.m. onwards. We request the family members to be present in their homes during this visitation.