HOLY CROSS CHURCH, KURLA, MUMBAI - 400 070
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS (13TH AUGUST 2017)
1. Tuesday 15th August is the Solemnity of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Independence Day. It is a Day of Obligation. Masses in the morning are at 6.00, 7.00, 8.30 and 9.30. There is no evening Mass. After the 7.00 a.m. Mass our National Flag will be hoisted for our parishioners in the Church compound.
2. Fr. Savio Desales will be conducting a session on sacred music and liturgy in our parish on Sunday 20th August from 4.00 to 6.00 p.m. in the community hall. This session is compulsory for all members of choirs, cantors, Lectors and Eucharistic Ministers. The session will be helpful also for Eucharistic Ministers and Lectors and all those who wish to learn about the liturgy of the Church. The choir members may kindly collect their invitation slips from their choir leader.
3. Those who wish to donate flags or sarees during the Novenas of our Lady of Health Vailankanni, can do so on Tuesday 15th August after the 9.30 a.m. Mass in the Sacristy on a first come first serve basis. The cost of the flag is Rs.2500/- each. Please note that no flags will be accepted after this date.
4. Parishioners who wish to sponsor sweets on the Feast Day of the Nativity of Our Lady kindly contact the Parish Priest or Parish Office by 15th August.
5. Those who wish to join the Marathi Choir during the Vailankanni Novenas are welcome. Practices will be held every Thursday at 8.00 p.m. in the Choir wing.
6. The first General Meeting of the Vailankanni Palki Committee will be held on Sunday 13th Aug. after the 9.15 a.m. Mass and evening at 7.00 p.m. Also on Tuesday 15th Aug. at 10.00 a.m. and 7.00 p.m. Volunteers are requested to come personally with their passport sized photograph to avoid last minute confusion and disappointment.
7. Parishioners please note, envelopes are being distributed by the volunteers toward Prison Ministry. Kindly put in your contribution in the envelopes provided and drop it in the box placed near the altar.